City and County Appeals

Zoning and Land Use

Whether your problem involves the denial of a permit, rezoning request, variance or use permit, we will help you get the approvals you need. In those situations where a county or city authority refuses to follow their own rules or ordinances, we also have the experience to challenge and reverse the action in court.

Municipal and County Appeals

Mississippi Code Section 11-51-75 sets out the procedure for appealing the order of a board of supervisors or city counsel. The appeal must normally be filed within 10 days from the date the official action was taken.

The appeal of a county or city resolution or ordinance is normally initiated by filing a bill of exceptions. Because the failure to timely, and the failure to properly file, your bill of exceptions can adversely impact the chances of a successful appeal, it is important to retain an experienced lawyer to assist you through the process.

Contact Us

To discuss how one of our attorneys can help you challenge an adverse municipal or county board order, contact us online or call our office locally at 601-957-3101.

Our law firm is conveniently located in downtown Jackson, just off I-55. Parking is available behind the building.