Administrative Enforcement Actions
What is Administrative Law?
Administrative Law refers to the federal and state regulations that give rise to agency enforcement actions. Violation of agency rules can lead to significant penalties, fines, and the suspension or revocation of professional licenses and permits.
The Regulatory Maze
Today, businesses operate in an environment where government agencies are regularly creating new regulations. Every year thousands of new rules are issued by more than 60 different federal departments, agencies and commissions. Many of these regulations provide for the imposition of significant fines and penalties while providing little in the way of due process.
if you become a party to an administrative enforcement matter, you need a lawyer with the experience to protect your rights and fight for you. Our lawyers have experience handling enforcement actions brought by:
- Department of Agriculture
- Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office
- Mississippi Department of Revenue
- Mississippi Bar Association
- State Board of Medical Examiners
- State Board of Nursing
- Office of the State Auditor
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
To find out how we can help you with your regulatory matter, contact us online or call our office at 601-957-3101.