Administrative Enforcement Actions
What is Administrative Law?
Administrative Law refers to the federal and state regulations that give rise to agency enforcement actions. Violation of agency rules can lead to significant penalties, fines, and the suspension or revocation of professional licenses and permits.
Regulatory agencies have accumulated vast power to make, enforce, and interpret the law—often without serious oversight. Every year unelected bureaucrats issue thousands of new regulations. Many of these regulations provide for the imposition of significant fines and penalties while providing little in the way of due process. These regulations are enforced through cease and desist letters and publicly filed enforcement actions.
We Can Help
if you become embroiled in a regulatory or licensure matter, you need a law firm that will fight to protect your rights. We have successfully defended against enforcement actions filed by the:
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Department of Agriculture
- Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office
- Mississippi Department of Revenue
- Mississippi Bar Association
- State Board of Medical Examiners
- State Board of Nursing
- Office of the State Auditor
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
To find out how we can help you with your regulatory matter, contact us online or call our office at 601-957-3101.