Call us:    601.957.3101

Español: 601-326-3000 



Entrepreneurs (and their spouses and unmarried children under 21) who make an investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States and who plan to create or preserve ten permanent full time jobs for qualified United States workers, are eligible to apply for a green card (permanent residence). Up to 10,000 visas may be authorized each fiscal year for eligible entrepreneurs. You must invest $1,000,000, or at least $500,000 in a targeted employment area (high unemployment or rural area).  In return, USCIS may grant conditional permanent residence to the individual. The specific required investment amount depends on whether or not the investment is made in an economically depressed location called a targeted employment area (TEA). There are many TEA qualifying areas in the State of Mississippi.

Eligibility Criteria

We will help you determine your eligibility. You may be eligible to receive permanent residence based on investment if:

You are eligible to file the I-526 petition after you have taken the appropriate steps to invest in an acceptable EB-5 Project. These projects must be part of a new commercial enterprise and can either be directly invested in by the immigrant investor, or can be administered by and EB-5 Regional Center which administers EB-5 projects. You must provide traceable evidence that proves that the funds were legally obtained. You must also present evidence that the investment will lead to the creation of full time jobs (35 hours per week or more) for at least 10 U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or other authorized immigrant workers.

The Application Process

The I-526 Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur is filed to demonstrate that you are in the process of investing, or have already invested the required amount of capital in a suitable EB-5 project. We have the knowledge and experience to help you properly fill out and secure the approval of your Form I-526. Our lawyers will work with you to ensure that (1) you are investing in an acceptable EB-5 project; (2) your petition is properly prepared and filed; (3) your file is complete; and (4)  all required documents are included. If you are living in the United States, you can become a conditional permanent resident through adjustment of status. If you are living outside of the United States, you can become a permanent resident through consular processing.

Your Family

Your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21, (known as derivatives) may be included on your immigration petition. They are counted towards the annual cap of 10,000 visas.

Consult With Our Team

To discuss how one of our lawyers can assist you with your immigration matter, contact us online or call 601-957-3101.