SMALL BUSINESS SERVICES
We represent small and mid-sized businesses and companies across Mississippi. Working with an experienced business lawyer is the best way to avoid the mistakes and disputes that often arise when you start a new business venture.
Starting a New Business
Every business is different with its own unique questions and legal needs. There are many questions and important decisions to make. Small business owners often spend significant time attempting to deal with legal issues which takes away from your focus on growing your business.
We can help you with important legal issues including (1) choosing the right corporate form; (2) drafting corporate formation documents; (3) drafting an operating agreement; (4) drafting and negotiating contracts; (5) properly structuring multiple business entities; (6) documenting how business entities are controlled; and (7) drafting buy-sale agreements.
Cost Effective Legal Services
Affordable access to legal advice is a significant barrier for many small businesses. We know that with most small businesses, resources and budgets are tight. However, quality legal advice does not need to be expensive.
There are many tasks that you can handle yourself with the right legal advice. Some may only need an initial consultation to make sure you are heading in the right direction. Others may want to regularly consult with their business lawyer. Regardless of your situation, we will work with you to provide the services you need.
We provide a wide range of business services:
- Initial business start-up consultation;
- Reviewing and drafting partnership and operating agreements;
- Reviewing and drafting business franchise and purchase agreements;
- Reviewing and drafting buy-sell agreements;
- Reviewing and Drafting employment agreements;
- Reviewing and drafting contracts lease agreements, and other business documents;
- Protecting your intellectual property and proprietary information;
- Registering and protecting trademarks;
- Asset Protection;
- Zoning and land use issues; and,
- Review and selection of business insurance policies.
Experienced Trial Lawyers
While one of the reasons you consult with a lawyer is to avoid business disputes, there are times when it still becomes necessary to defend against a legal claim, or to initiate a legal claim. When these situations arise, we have the trial and litigation experience necessary to help you secure the best result possible.
To discuss how one of our lawyers can assist you with your business matter, contact us online or call 601-957-3101.